When I first started working with Sojo Design 8 months ago, this was the first blog I knew I wanted to write, in order to try and give my family and friends a little insight into what we do and how we spend our days.
But it’s not quite that simple!
As it turns out, beyond our 7:45am coffee fix (Large coconut flat white, please!), no two days are ever the same. Between the two sides of the business; Home Staging and Interior Design, we wear many hats, spin many plates and a little bit of all the other juggling metaphors too.
Often, I’ll get home and the flatmates will ask how my day went, usually to hear the same response: “Busy, but great”. “Busy” in a very roundabout way summed up by the following tasks:
- Visiting clients
- Typing quotes
- Driving… lots of driving!
- Scheduling appointments and installs
- Ordering custom furnishings
- Planning home staging installs
- Booking removal trucks
- Taking & editing photographs
- Visiting builds / progress projects
- Producing sample boards
- Contacting & meeting with Real Estate Agents
- Collecting and delivering orders to clients
- Picking and packing furnishings & styling
- Visiting & contacting showrooms
- Online & showroom shopping (the real fun part!)
- Installing & packing up staging
- Designing & printing marketing materials
- Tidying the warehouse
- Sorting / washing / folding laundry
- Updating social media & website
- Selecting materials & finishes
- Designing presentations & floorplans
- Responding to emails / phonecalls / WhatsApp
- Presenting ideas
The daily hustle might differ, but every day is hugely rewarding and I’m so grateful for being in the position where I can truly do what I love for a living! ~ Nat